Looking for things to do in NYC for this summer? Summertime is the perfect time to explore New York City. Whether you’re traveling alone, with a companion or with an entire family, there are plenty of places to go that will accommodate your crowd. Below we’ve listed some NYC attractions that will enable you to create some special memories for the Summer of 2017. Please read below to see a list we’ve curated and please comment on Facebook to add to our list!
NYC Subway System- Navigating the NYC Subway System can be an adventure in itself. When planning your daily excursions, there are many helpful apps or website that will tell you directions to your destinations. One helpful app includes “Transit” which tells you how to get to locations using the NYC subway system with maps of the subway system as well.
New York City Passes- Purchasing a New York City pass grants admission to many NYC attractions. Do your research and make sure that your activities are on the listed of covered attractions before purchasing the New York Pass or the New York CityPass.
NYC Attractions | Summer 2017 Edition
NYC Attractions: Landmarks
- Times Square- Sensory overload! Lights, screens and advertisements abound. Times Square is exciting and definitely a photo opportunity for all travelers to NYC. It is worth a visit iconic shops, eat or take in the sights. Learn more about visiting Times Square by clicking here.
- Empire State Building- One of the most popular NYC attractions, visiting the top of the Empire State Building Observation Deck will give you a view like none other. Lines are long so you may want to get there early or purchase a VIP Express Ticket. Learn more about visiting the Empire State Building by clicking here.
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island- The Statue of Liberty is the famous statue given as a gift from France to the United States in 1886 and is an icon of freedom and of the United States. Ellis Island is the site at which 12 million immigrants were accepted into the United States from 1892-1954. Learn more about visiting the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island by clicking here.
- Rockefeller Center and ‘Top of the Rock’- In the winter, Rockefeller Center is home to the world’s most famous ice skating rink. However, in the summer you can enjoy shopping and good food in the same location. For ‘Top of the Rock,’ the views are amazing and the experience is unforgettable. Try the interactive beam walk to feel what it was like to be a brave construction worker when the building was created and walk through the Breezeway interactive room the is great for all ages. Don’t forget the roof deck at the top! Learn more about ‘Top of the Rock’ by clicking here.
- Greenwich Village
- Wall Street
- Chelsea Piers
- Little Italy
NYC Attractions: Parks
- Central Park- There is so much to do in Central Park! There are many ways to tour including on bike, on foot and on rollerblades. Try dining at The Boathouse or Tavern on the Green. Visit the Central Park Zoo or the Carousel. Learn more about visiting Central Park by clicking here.
- Bryant Park
- Battery Park
- Highline Park
NYC Attractions: Entertainment Venues and Music Halls
NYC Attractions: Museums
See a list of famous NYC museums below.
- Guggenheim Museum
- The American Museum of Natural History
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The MET)
- 9/11 Memorial and Ground Zero Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- New York Botanical Garden
NYC Attractions: Religious Houses of Worship
The Leo House offers an in-house chapel, but if you’d like to tour houses of worship throughout NYC you can see a list and map of locations by clicking here. Don’t forget to visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
NYC Attractions: Shopping
- Chelsea Market
- The Oculus / Westfield World Trade Center
- The Apple Store
- Jewelry District
- A Guide to NYC Boutiques
NYC Attractions: Restaurants
Check out this list of NYC Restaurants by clicking here, complete with reviews and locations.
Looking for local NYC Attractions nearest to The Leo House?
Read this article we wrote a while back about things to do in our local Chelsea neighborhood of NYC.
Whatever you decide to do this summer, we hope you have wonderful time. Should you decide to visit New York City this summer, we hope to welcome you to your home-away-from-home at The Leo House of NYC.
Please keep in mind that The Leo House is providing this information out of kindness and love for our travelers. We have not been paid to provide this information. Also, we advise you to check all websites before leaving for the day as we can not take responsibility if these locations are unavailable or sold out unexpectedly.