We are happy to let you know that The Leo House is reopening for guests on June 1st, 2020. To ensure your confidence in the cleanliness and safety of The Leo House, we would like to highlight some steps we are taking as your comfort, health and safety is our top priority.
As you plan your visit with us, we want to share our new initiative called “A Deeper Cleaning of The Leo House.” One group of safety measures we are taking is that we will be enforcing social distancing to follow CDC best practices to reduce person-to-person contact at The Leo House. For example, all staff and guests must wear masks in all public areas. We are also enhancing our already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene for guest rooms and common areas in accordance with the AHLA (American Hotel & Lodging Association). Please see the details below.
Reopening for Guests – Social Distancing Measures and CDC Best Practices
- Staff members must comply with daily temperature checks upon entering the premises and must wear masks in all public spaces.
- All guests must wear a mask in all public areas, except when inside guest rooms or eating in the dining room.
- Express checkout is now available for guests to avoid crowding in the lobby area.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers will be located throughout the building and we encourage guests to use them as often as needed.
- All must comply with social distancing in the lobby and lounge. All seating is 6 feet/2 meters apart in the lobby and the lounge. The second floor configuration encourages social distancing as well.
- Seating in the dining room has been reconfigured to accommodate social distancing. We will be extending dining room hours by one hour to 11am to reduce person-to-person contact.
Reopening for Guests – How We Sanitize Guest Rooms and Common Areas
- Our staff follows guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to sanitize guest rooms and common areas throughout the property.
- We are placing room safety seals on guest room doors after sanitizing them. This will show that no one enters the room after deep-cleaning as well as disinfection just for you.
- We are sanitizing public spaces as well as high-touch areas at a higher frequency – including tables in the lobby area, elevator buttons, water fountains, ice machines and vending machines.
- The Leo House will use higher-grade disinfectant products to deep-clean as recommended by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and in adherence to CDC guidelines for use against emerging viral pathogens.
- Look at the diagram above to review our deep-cleaning process.
The Leo House holds a 130 year-old tradition of providing hospitality to guests from around the world. We hope to continue for hundreds of years to come. We look forward to welcoming back our guests on June 1st and we appreciate your patience as we adapt to a new way of doing business. If you have any questions, please let us know. Above all, stay safe and remember that we are all in this together.
*Please review your local government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel and stay at The Leo House.