The Leo House is an NYC hotel following Covid-19 rules and best practices set forth by the CDC and American Hotel & Lodging Association. To ensure your confidence in the cleanliness and safety of The Leo House, we would like to highlight some steps we are taking as your comfort, health and safety is our top priority.
As you plan your visit with us, we want to share our new initiative called “A Deeper Cleaning of The Leo House.” One group of safety measures we are taking is that we will be enforcing social distancing to follow CDC best practices to reduce person-to-person contact at The Leo House. For example, all staff and guests must wear masks in all public areas. We are also enhancing our already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene for guest rooms and common areas in accordance with the AHLA (American Hotel & Lodging Association). Please see the details below.
Covid-19 Rules, Social Distancing Measures and CDC Best Practices for NYC Hotels
- Staff members must comply with daily temperature checks upon entering the premises and also wear masks in all public spaces.
- All guests must wear a mask in all public areas, except when inside guest rooms or eating in the dining room.
- Express checkout is now available for guests to avoid crowding in the lobby area.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers will be located throughout the building and we encourage guests to use them as often as needed.
- All must comply with social distancing in the lobby and lounge. All seating is 6 feet/2 meters apart in the lobby and the lounge. The second floor configuration encourages social distancing as well.
- Seating in the dining room has been reconfigured to accommodate social distancing. We will be extending dining room hours by one hour to 11am to reduce person-to-person contact.
How We Sanitize Guest Rooms and Common Areas
- Our staff follows guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to sanitize guest rooms and common areas throughout the property.
- Room safety seals are placed on guest room doors after we sanitize them. This will show that no one enters the room after deep-cleaning as well as disinfection just for you.
- We sanitize public spaces as well as high-touch areas at a higher frequency – including tables in the lobby area, elevator buttons, water fountains, ice machines and vending machines.
- The Leo House uses higher-grade disinfectant products to deep-clean as recommended by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and in adherence to CDC guidelines for use against emerging viral pathogens.
- Look at the diagram above to review our deep-cleaning process.
There are a few other changes to our operations due to the direct effects of Covid-19, travel restrictions, associated raising costs and resulting low occupancy at The Leo House. Our dining room hours have changed to Monday through Friday between 8am and 10am. Effective February 2, 2021 we are temporarily unable to provide cable TV services to our guests. We are working on finding a suitable and affordable solution. In the meantime, we have Amazon TV streaming from our lobby and in our lounge on the first floor. All of our guests can still stream TV shows and movies on their own devices using our free WIFI. We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause.
The Leo House holds a 130 year-old tradition of providing hospitality to guests from around the world. We hope to continue for hundreds of years to come. We appreciate your patience as we adapt to a new way of doing business. If you have any questions, please let us know. Above all, stay safe and remember that we are all in this together.
*Please review your local government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel and stay at The Leo House.