Why should you visit NYC this Spring 2022? There are so many reasons! Let us tell you some of our favorite things to do in New York City this March, April and May. Springtime in NYC is considered one of the best times to visit the “big apple”. Experience pleasant temperatures, discounted airfare and hotel rates without worrying about the summertime crowds. We must also mention the always growing list of exciting events and attractions to visit across New York City. Keep reading for more specifics about planning your trip.
Why visit NYC this Spring 2022?
What weather can travelers expect during Spring in NYC?
During Springtime, the weather is pleasant and beautiful trees are blooming in the many parks around the city. Most well-known and notable sights to see are the Cherry Blossom trees blooming around the city during Spring. In March, travelers can expect daily average midday temperatures between 40°F to 55°F, or 5 to 13°C. March gets warmer as it begins with a chance of snow but then changes to warmer days towards the end of the month. In April, your average daily midday temperatures reach higher between 55°F to 65°F, or 13°C to 19°C. Days can be comfortable and warm enough to go without a coat. Yet, it still might be cold during the nighttime.
How should I dress when I get there?
Spring weather in New York City is unpredictable so you should pack a variety of clothing and dress in layers. You’ll want to pack a medium-weight jacket, sweaters, lightweight long and short-sleeved shirts, as well as waterproof shoes. You may also want to include a fashionable outfit or two for glamourous outings.
Is Spring an expensive time to visit NYC?
January – March is the cheapest time to visit NYC. Costs tend to rise the closer you get towards summer. Between January and March, usually prices are lowest for both flight and hotel this time of year.
What is there to do in NYC this Spring?
- Affordable Art Fair – March 25th-27th – Start your spring cleaning with a few affordable new art pieces to brighten up your home. This art fair is located in the Chelsea and is very close to The Leo House. Learn more by visiting the Affordable Art Fair website.
- Visit the 19th Annual Orchid Show at NYBG – Feb 26 – May 1 – The New York Botanical Garden is hosting it’s famous Annual Orchid Show for its 19th year to add to its many beautiful exhibitions of over one million living plants. Travel through multiple areas and then explore over 50 gardens throughout the location and enjoy a beautiful afternoon.
- Macy’s Flower Show – March 27 – April 10 – Come to the most famous Macy’s location at Herald Square. See bold floral arrangements at the annual Macy’s Flower Show created by New York City’s famous florists. Each floral attraction will focus on “impact, energy, and bold modernism, immersing the public in radiant flowers, heavenly scents, and bold color gradients.” Also on display will be Fashion Institute of Technology Student’s winning designs. You can also tune in online March 25, 26, and 27 on Macys.com/MacysLive.
- Take in breathtaking views from one of New York City’s many observation decks – Check out the amazing views from every direction. You see incredible views of famous landmarks like Times Square, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and the Hudson River. Choose from many options including Top of the Rock, the Edge Hudson Yards, One World Observatory, Empire State Building, Summit One Vanderbilt. We recommend visiting the Empire State Building Thursday through Saturday to enjoy a talented saxophonist on the 86th floor.
- Enjoy a free show at Lincoln Center – There will be free performances, shows, discussions and civic events in the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center. Choose from a variety of different options on their website.
- Visit MoMA, The Museum of Modern Art – The most recent exhibitions include Ivorian artist, Frédéric Bruly Bouabré’s World Unbound which runs March 13 – August 2. The Project of Independence: Architectures of Decolonization 1947 – 1985 runs through July 2. Many other exhibits that await you.
- Catch Macbeth on Broadway with Daniel Craig – March 29 – June 10 – After wrapping up his role as James Bond, Daniel Craig is taking to the Broadway stage in a big way. Visit the Longacre Theatre in Times Square to see Craig along with broadway debut Ruth Negga in her role as Lady Macbeth. Click here for Macbeth tickets and more information.
- Visit the NYC USS Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum – Visit Pier 86 along the Hudson River. You can visit this aircraft carrier-turned museum to learn all about military and maritime history. Step foot on an actual aircraft carrier, submarine, military planes and the Space Shuttle Enterprise. Click here for more information and learn where to get tickets to visit the Intrepid Museum.