Have you been searching for jobs in NYC? We would like to invite you to apply to open positions at The Leo House. We’re looking for some special people to join our team and you just might be the right fit. The open positions available right now include front desk agent and reservations agent. Please keep reading for details and apply if you are interested.
Jobs in NYC – Open Positions at The Leo House
If you are interested and qualified for the below positions, we hope that you’ll apply. If you see a position that might interest a friend, please share this link with them or tell them to call The Leo House directly. We look forward to welcoming some new staff members soon.
Front Desk Agent – Click here to apply
The Leo House is offering the exciting opportunity to join our friendly staff and become a part of The Leo House family. As a front desk agent, you will be the first face our guests see when entering our location so we are looking for someone who will make our guests feel comfortable and welcome. This position requires a dynamic, hard-working team player to ensure that all guests enjoy a facility that is clean, and safe, and offers comfort to travelers by way of welcoming, efficient check-in/check-out, and guest services. We welcome all people who come as a stranger and leave as a member of The Leo House family. Embrace the opportunity to meet guests and share stories from all over the world during your workday. Many of our employees have been with us for many years and enjoy being a part of NYC history.
Qualifications for Front Desk Agent:
- Previous experience in customer service, front desk service, or other related fields.
- Ability to build rapport with guests.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, e.g., Book.com and Expedia.com.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
Responsibilities for Front Desk Agent:
- Undergo training.
- Learn and understand the company policy on work shifts, guest possessions and privacy issues.
- Manage online, phone, and in-person room reservations.
- Welcome guests, check them in, distribute room keys and explain amenities.
- Take payment from guests.
- Respond to guest issues and companies in a friendly, timely manner.
- Explain local amenities and attractions to guests.
- Work with other staff members to ensure that all guest rooms meet standards and accommodate any special client needs.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- Use of Skyware Software System.
- Knowledgeable of the immediate area, services, attractions and events.
- Liaise with housekeeping to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully furnished to accommodate guest needs.
- Offer orientation to the buildings – guest rooms, dining room, parlors, and chapel.
Front Desk Agent Benefits: $15 per hour, Full-time, No Degree Mentioned, Medical
Reservations Agent – Click here to apply
The Leo House is offering the exciting opportunity to join our friendly staff and become a part of The Leo House family. The front desk agent position requires a dynamic, hard-working team player to ensure that all guests enjoy a facility that is clean, and safe, and offers comfort to travelers by way of welcoming, efficient check-in/check-out, and guest services. We welcome all people who come as a stranger and leave as a member of The Leo House family. You may answer questions about our location, our services and maybe even our history. We are looking for someone who will embrace the opportunity to meet guests and share stories from all over the world during your workday. Many of our employees have been with us for many years and enjoy being a part of NYC history.
Reservations Agent Responsibilities:
- Greet guests warmly and perform registration procedures when needed.
- Answer incoming calls within 3 rings and use a professional manner to assist with reservations, confirmations, room need requests, and questions. Explain products, services and other information about The Leo House.
- Sell, process, enter, and confirm room reservations using selling techniques and strategies.
- Provide guests with appropriate room assignments, room keys, directions to the rooms, while up-selling when appropriate.
- Learn and demonstrate the ability to operate the Skyware Property Management System.
- Verifying payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit information.
- Assist guests with issues, complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Use of supervisor support when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current NYC events, activities hours of operation, as well as dining options currently available.
- Post charges to guest accounts as designated.
- Other duties as assigned.