Want to make Valentine’s Day special for the love of your life? Consider planning a weekend away to stay in the heart of New York City at The Leo House. There are so many Valentine’s Day things to do in NYC both indoors and outside. We’re expecting some sunny and mild weather around 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit so it’s the perfect weather for a romantic stroll down the streets of NYC hand in hand with your sweetheart.
7 Valentine’s Day Things to do in NYC 2023
- Go Ice Skating – You see it in romance movies when the lead character and his or her love interest go ice skating and fall in love (or at least they are on an ice rink, like Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack in Serendipity – watch it now). You can go to Central Park like they did, or you can check out some other rinks in NYC:
- Central Park Ice Skating at Wollman Rink – The price is under $10 per person and the rink is located at 830 5th Ave, New York, NY 10065. Visit the Wollman Rink website for more information.
- Bryant Park Winter Village Ice Rink – Skate for free (plus cost of skate rental if necessary) or rent your own bumper ice car for a one-of-a-kind experience. You can also take a shot at curling at the Curling Bar. The Bryant Park rink is located at 42nd Street and Sixth Avenue in New York City near the New York Public Library (which was in a scene in the Ghostbusters movie if you’re sightseeing as well). Visit bryantpark.org for more information.
- The Ice Rink at Rockefeller Center – Ice skate at the most famous ice rink in New York City. See it in the Home Alone 2 scene where Kevin McAllister observes his own type of penance in front of the most famous Christmas tree in the world. Visit the rink at 600 5th Avenue until March 19th. Visit rockefellercenter.com for more information.
- There are many other rinks across NYC depending on where you are headed for the day. Visit the loving-newyork.com blog where they list New York’s Best Ice Rinks your convenience.
- Name a Cockroach after your True Love at the Bronx Zoo. Is it romantic? Maybe. Creative? Definitely. For a small donation, you can name a cockroach after your loved one, or maybe name it after your ex if you feel like that might be more appropriate. You can level up your gift with add-ons as well to have a keepsake for this unforgettable gesture.
- Take a romantic walk or a walking tour. There are many beautiful walking destinations around New York City with scenic locations for photos throughout New York City. Some great choices include:
- Immerse yourself in culture. Enjoy delicious new foods and explore the offerings of street vendors in Little Italy or Chinatown.
- Take advantage of NYC Winter Restaurant Week (which runs until Feb 12). With 490 restaurants participating across New York City, you’re bound to find something you and your date will enjoy. Meals usually offer a 2-course lunch for $30 or 3-course dinner for $45 at a fixed price (a steal in NYC!)
- Take a trip back in history by visiting the new Titanic: The Exhibition in NYC. Located at 526 6th Avenue, you can walk through a recreation of the famous ship from a first-class suite to a third class cabin. You’ll need to book tickets in advance on the website.
- Enjoy a meal in your own personal igloo at Somewhere, Nowhere. Book tickets in advance by visiting feverup.com.
New York City can be a romantic destination for everyone and anyone as there are countless ways to entertain, thrill, relax and more throughout this magnificent city. We hope you’ve enjoyed these suggestions for Valentine’s Day things to do in NYC. Choose however you want to spend your time here and we’re sure you will be delighted. Contact The Leo House to book a room today as we are booking up quickly.
You may also enjoy these articles on The Leo House blog: