Donate to The Leo House and Continue a Legacy of Charitable Efforts Since 1889
Donate to The Leo House and assist in our mission. We strive to offer a warm, safe and restful place to stay while visiting New York City. Placing a premium on “The Art of the Welcome,” hospitality is always top of mind in everything that we do. From our staff to our guests, we nurture an operating environment for our whole community that helps to guarantee guest satisfaction and delight. The Leo House continues to contribute to charitable efforts around our community. To name a few of our many charitable efforts, please read the list below.
Charitable efforts supported by donations and reservations made at The Leo House:
- Special Events- The Leo House hosts special events, such as a featuring talks by inspiring speakers. One example of these special events includes our 2016 guest speaker, Mother Dolores Hart, a Benedictine nun from Regina Laudis Monastery in Bethlehem, Connecticut. She is the only nun to be an Oscar-voting member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Read more about her 2016 talk in our Fall Newsletter.
- Hosting Meetings- The Leo House offers conference room space and lodging at a greatly reduced cost for meetings aimed to bring peace and reconciliation to our world. An example of such a meeting includes the meeting between church leaders, such as Nobel Prize winner Mother Theresa and Mother Dengel. The Leo House welcomes anyone, of any religious background, ethnic background etc. to schedule or attend these meetings. Read more about this meeting on our blog.
- Full-time Priest-in-Residence- Lodging is provided for our full-time priest-in-residence, Father Ed Conway, who ministers to anyone who needs and asks for counsel or guidance. He provides Holy Mass, Confession for any member of the community at scheduled times.
- Lodging for Sisters in Support of their Public Ministry- Lodging is offered for sisters to support their public ministry. Sister Carole Gurdak, CSA, ministered for many years as a teacher, grammar school principal, a Regional Coordinator for the Sisters of Saint Agnes, and as a volunteer at the St. John the Baptist Parish food program. You may read more about her work on page 4 of our Fall Newsletter.
- Supporting our Heroes Rate- The Leo House is pleased to offer a discounted rate to service members and their families. This discount includes military, law enforcement and fire department personnel. Reduced pricing is offered to thank our heroes for their service and to alleviate financial stress for them and their families. Please call extension 223 to inquire. You can also learn about other discounts and special offers on our special offers page.
- Supporting Families Visiting the Sick- Reduced pricing is offered for families visiting sick or hospitalized family members who are receiving care at a facility in or near New York City as a service to help alleviate financial stress. Please call extension 223 to inquire.
*The Leo House is a registered 501(c)(3) Catholic Agency in good standing, exemption number: GEN 0928.
It is so heartwarming when we receive a gift from a generous donor that enables us to say “yes” to one more family or individual who is in particular need of a place to stay while in New York City. We’re grateful for your valuable contribution and it will be remembered and used wisely. From all of us at The Leo House, we thank you for sending your prayers and love.